The Futures Institute, a sub-contractor to the MEASURE Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) project, is seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate to work on analytical studies on demographic and health issues in developing countries. The researcher will conduct data analysis, systematic literature reviews, and prepare publishable papers and multi-country reports. The researcher will also provide training and analytical assistance to collaborators from developing countries. The position is based at the MEASURE DHS project at ICF International in Calverton, Maryland, USA
- Ph.D. in a relevant social science or public health field (demography, behavioral sciences, epidemiology/biostatistics, international health). Candidates with Master's degrees and substantial work experience may also be considered.
- Familiarity with population and health issues in developing countries.
- Experience with analysis of large survey data sets, systematic reviews of literature, multivariate statistical methods, and major statistical software, such as STATA or SPSS.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to quickly prepare publishable-quality manuscripts.
- Excellent communication, training, and presentation skills. Experience conducting trainings a plus.
- 5+ years post-Ph.D. work experience in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience working in a team environment with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish preferred.
- The researcher may be required to travel to developing countries as needed (up to 25% of time).